Austin has a diverse array of activities, all within a short distance. Oak Forest RV Park is within an easy day trip to Fredericksburg and the Hill Country, Salado, San Antonio and Houston.
Just mile up the road is the Travis County Exposition Center which hosts authentic Texas rodeos, horse shows, car shows, bike rallies, and more!
Play a round of golf at nearby Bluebonnet Hill Golf Course or Morris Williams Golf Course! Catch a trophy-winning bass at Lake Walter Long or just zip around in your boat! It's all within 10 minutes!
Area Convention & Visitor Bureau’s
- Austin is the "Live Music " Capital of the World
- Guided tours of the State Capitol
- LBJ Library and Museum
- Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum and IMAX Theatre
- Enjoy the spectacle of the Congress Avenue Bats - the largest urban bat colony in North America
- Barton Springs Pool an artesian spring-fed swimming hole at Zilker Park
- Central Market European-style market
- Team Livestrong Challenge
- Enjoy a breathtaking, panoramic view of the Austin city skyline from atop Mount Bonnell
- Bike the Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail a 8.5 path bordering the lake on its flow through downtown
- 6th Street - need we say more?
- Austin Arts District Go - on a self-guided tour of the many art murals located throughout the city. You can pick up a guide at the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Pop in the Austin Audio Tour CD and get a guided tour of the city, right from the comfort of your own car - available at the Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Austin Tours and Excursions