Looking for a great way to spend your day in and around Willis, Texas? You’re in luck! From children’s museums and monuments to historical sites and visitor centers, there are tons of cool things to do for the whole family!
Not into the historical side of travel? Don’t worry, there are also plenty of nature trails, watersports, and state parks to keep you outside and in nature. Forests, parks, preserves, oh my! Willis, Texas truly has it all.
Don’t forget to book your stay at Majestic Pines RV Resort for a chance to enjoy all the amenities and comforts of home while you explore the local area. We offer well-manicured lawns, social events, and even a community garden! So, when you’re done exploring all Willis, Texas has to offer, enjoy your stay at our one-of-a-kind resort.
Planning Your Trip to Willis, Texas
Majestic Pines RV Resort is located in Willis, Texas which means there are tons of things to do in and around the area. No matter if you’re looking for a solo road trip or a family fair, there is plenty to keep you occupied and having fun!
Even if you’re looking to travel a little further, we’re just an hour’s drive from the bustling, cultural city of Houston.
- Lake Conroe – This 22,000-acre lake is just a short 22-minute drive and offers 13 full-service marinas.
- Sam Houston National Forest – If you’re looking to enjoy nature during your trip, then look no further than Sam Houston National Forest. Submerse yourself in a forest of trees as you hike, wildlife watch, or picnic.
- Huntsville State Park – Need more nature! Visit the place where wildlife and wildflowers come together.
- Sam Houston Memorial Museum – Who doesn’t love a neat museum? Explore the homestead and history of Sam Houston, the first president of the Republic of Texas. Located just 30 minutes from Willis, Texas.
- Woodlands Children Museum – Need a museum that the kids are sure to love? Learn, explore, create, and inspire, this kid’s museum is sure to bring joy and fun to the whole family.
- The Lonestar Monument and Historical Flag Park – Get to know the history behind Texas and its fight for independence. Located just outside Willis, Texas, you’ll learn about historical battles, rally flags, and the people behind it all.
- NASA Johnson Space Center – Even though this amazing facility is located a little further south, it’s absolutely worth a day trip. Watch astronauts train for space flight and visit NASA’s Mission Control room where we worked to send people to the moon.
- Food and Fun – If you’re just looking for a fun night out, Willis, Texas has that too! With plenty of restaurants like GuadalaHarry’s Bar and Grill or Wave on Lake Conroe, relax and enjoy some good Texas eats. Finish it all off with a local beer at Southern Star Brewery
Ready to Plan Your Trip to Willis, Texas?
It’s no secret Willis, Texas is a fun place to visit and this list isn’t even half of it!
Whether you’re into going out on the town or learning about the local area, there’s something for everyone. Bring the whole family as you explore the children’s museum or spend some alone time in the National Forests. But whatever you do, don’t forget to book your stay at Majestic Pines RV Resort for even more fun and relaxation!